Returns & Exchanges
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you have 30 days from the shipped date to return your order to us for a refund. Items returned must be unworn and in resalable condition.
Delivery Charges are non-refundable.
Please Note - In order to process your return or exchange we request that:
- Swimwear and intimate apparel must be returned unworn and with the original packaging and tags in place.
- Shoes must be tried on a carpeted surface until you are certain you are keeping them.
- In the interests of hygiene cosmetics and pierced earrings cannot be returned
In order to save you time and ensure your refunds/exchanges are processed quickly and efficiently, please see the returns procedure below.
Items purchased in store can't be returned to our warehouse, they will need to be returned to one of our stores directly.
All orders placed on www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk can be returned via:
- POST - You can send the item(s) back to us.
- STORE - Items can be returned to any Urban Outfitters store across UK and Europe.
Along with the item you wish to return in store you will need to bring any of the following:
Order Receipt E-Mail - You will have received this at the time of ordering.
Dispatch Email - You will have received this to confirm that your order has been shipped
If you paid for your order via PayPal, please view section regarding PayPal Orders.
Please note: We are unable to accept returns for items purchased on the U.S. website - View Urban Outfitters US Returns / Exchange procedure
Please carefully check your items once they have arrived. Should you receive a faulty/damaged item please email us stating your Order Number and the nature of the fault.
- UK Orders: We will then send you a free returns postage label.
-European Orders: We will refund the postage cost you incur to return the item (Up to the value of £10)
You have 30 days from the shipped date to return your order.
For faulty items that have been worn/used or returns outside our Returns Policy, please email us for further assistance. These may be accepted at the discretion of Urban Outfitters.
So you've received your new item of clothing but it doesn't fit! Fear not, we've got a great new service which means you can post your item back and get an alternative size for FREE! Simply email to arrange. You will be asked to place a new order, don't worry you won't have to pay postage again, this will be removed from your bill at the checkout. We will then organise a freepost label to be sent to you so that you can return your item.
Please note that we can only exchange an item for the same style in a different size and that you will receive your refund for the original item once the item is received with us, which in total can take up to 28 days. This service is currently only available in the UK.
Alternatively, you may exchange your item at an Urban Outfitters store.
Along with the item you wish to exchange, you will need to bring any of the following:
- Order Receipt E-Mail - You will have received this at the time of ordering.
- Dispatch Email - You will have received this to confirm that your order has been shipped.
If you are a UK customer, you can return your Urban order free via any Collect+ parcel drop off point. They now have over 5,000 local shops to choose from nationwide. Visit their site here to find your nearest one.
To return online purchases using this FREE and easy service, please follow the instructions below:
- Complete the returns section at the bottom of your delivery note and put in your parcel.
- Peel off the Collect+ returns label, attach it to your parcel, ensuring any original delivery labels are covered.
- Simply take your parcel to ANY of the 5,000 local shops offering Collect+ services. You'll receive proof of postage and a code to track your return online. Please ensure you retain this proof of postage just in case.
- You can then track your return using the code you are given on your receipt.
- Your return will be processed the same as any other return, and it can take up to 28 days to be processed.
To find your nearest Collect+ store, print a replacement label and see our full terms and conditions please visit www.collectplus.co.uk/urbanoutfitters
To return an online purchase, please follow these instructions:
- RETURNS NOTE - Complete this section detailing which item(s) you are returning, quantity, and reason for return. Place in parcel with items being returned.
- RETURNS LABEL - Attach label to the parcel.
- If you do not have your returns label, please send your parcel to:
Urban Outfitters Europe Returns
1 Spire Road
- SECURE/TRACKABLE DELIVERY - We recommend you send your return using a secure or trackable method - i.e. Recorded/Special Delivery - and that you retain your proof of postage.
Until we receive your return to our warehouse, the items and their condition are your responsibility.
What happens next?
- EMAIL CONFIRMATION - We will send you an email to confirm your return has been received and refund processed. Please note returns can take up to 28 days to be processed.
- REFUND PROCESSED - Your refund will be credited back via the original method of payment. Please allow up to 28 days for your refund to appear on your bank statement. Delivery Charges are non-refundable.
If for any reason we are unable to issue a refund via the original method of payment, a credit for the amount due to be refunded will automatically be applied to your Urban Outfitters customer account.
To return any item(s) purchased online from www.urbanoutfitters.com/uk to an Urban Outfitters store for a refund, you will need your:
- Order Receipt E-Mail or Dispatch Email
- Card used for original purchase - We can only refund to the card used for original payment.
Orders paid for via PayPal can be returned via:
- STORE - For an exchange or store credit.
- POST - For a refund to your PayPal account (See 'Returns by Post' for instructions on how to send items back).
Bikes can only be returned via a collection which can be arranged by our Customer Service team.
How do I return an unwanted bike?
Please check your bike upon arrival and retain all the original packaging. Collection is non-refundable and charged at the same rate as delivery. Any damaged or faulty bikes will need to be packed and returned in their original boxes. If you find anything wrong with your bike please email us within 5 working days of receipt. Please make sure to include your order reference number and details of the damage in your email so we can help you as quick as possible. A member of our customer service team will then be able to arrange for your faulty goods to be collected. If you would rather exchange the faulty parts, we can arrange for replacements to be shipped to you free of charge.
If you need to exchange the whole bike, a new one will be shipped after we have received the faulty bike back at our warehouse.
How long will it take to process my refund?
We will send you an email to confirm your return has been received and a second email when the refund has been processed. Please note returns can take up to 28 days to be processed.
Ok so it's not quite how you expected, no worries. Please see below for our furniture returns process.Damaged (By Urban Outfitters / Martin Bros)
We make every effort to ensure damages do not happen, Martin Bros even wrap product in blankets before loading! However if you find your item broken or damaged please call customer services on +44 (0) 845 330 1288 who will liaise with Martin Bros to arrange collection. You will not pay for the faulty/damaged item or return collection charge.
You don't like your new item
If you don't like/want your item then you will need to call customer services who will pass your details on to Martin Bros to arrange collection with you.
Collection is charged at 50% of the original delivery rate.
You must return your item within 30 days of the dispatch date (stated on your dispatch note).
I missed my delivery
Martins normally make two attempts to make a delivery of collection. If un-successful after that Martins will call you to say they are experiencing difficulties and may suggest returning the good to the Urban warehouse.